First public release of Flickr Downloadr

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM
March 14th 2009 marks the first public release of Flickr Downloadr. For a while, the software has been available in source code form. The reason for such a delayed release has been the lack of photo copyright support. This means that Flickr Downloadr will respect the copyright of the photographer on Flickr.com. If a photographer marks their photo (default) as "All Rights Reserved", then Flickr Downloadr won't allow you to download that photo. The photo still appears in the preview mode.

Please feel free to come with suggestions, feedback, errors or problems that you might have with Flickr Downloadr.
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Today I released an updated version of the Flickr Photo Downloading Tool which adds support for Windows XP, so now even more users can enjoy a simple way of downloading photos to your local machine. Do you got any future feature suggestions? Leave a message here!

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:37 AM

One suggestion. If authenticated the ability to browse the authenticated account and download.

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Thank for the useful app! I was searching for an app to download cool photosets like this until I came across your downloadr. The CC only "protection" was easy to remove having the sources ;) -- what an absurd claim by Flickr -- the photos are displayed for everyone, the program is just an automated rclick > Save Image As..

I'd suggest browsing by photosets and ability to mark an entire photoset for download.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:44 AM
Poloboc wrote:

Thank for the useful app! I was searching for an app to download cool photosets like this until I came across your downloadr. The CC only "protection" was easy to remove having the sources ;) -- what an absurd claim by Flickr -- the photos are displayed for everyone, the program is just an automated rclick > Save Image As..

I'd suggest browsing by photosets and ability to mark an entire photoset for download.

Thanks for the feedback! Obviously, there is no way to stop anyone from violating the EULA if they download the source code. It's a pretty absurd claim I agree, when people upload their photos they do it willingly and expectingly that people will download them. Most people I contact about license, doesn't even realize that the default "All Rights Reserved" really means nobody can do anything with their photos.

Browsing photosets is a good idea!

Planning on doing a major update to the app soon, will build it on .NET 4 and use Windows Presentation Foundation. Thanks!

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Cool! Will be checking back for it. Meanwhile, I'll be upgrading too to MSVS2010 to remove the download restriction once again. Haha >:)

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM
Edited Jun 13, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Ignore: just found the text on the homw page saying it downloads the full ones

HI,

Does it downoad the largest size, or the standard size?

cheers

Matt