Download metadata?

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I really like Flickr Downloadr - great interface and very easy to use.

In my downloads, metadata that has been added in Flickr doesn't seem to included in the file, is that correct?  Any metadata I embedded in the file before uploading to Flickr is returned in the Downloadr files, but I'm really interested in retrieving Title, Description and tag values that were edited in Flickr.  I think this would be a great way to have collaborators help identify images and then download them into another image database.

Thanks,

Greg

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM
When the original files are downloaded, the metadata already embedded in the photo is saved. For all the generated file sizes, Flickr does not include the metadata. I will investigate the possibility of embedding metadata into non-original sizes in the upcoming version 3 release. It will not make it to the initial version, but it's added to the wishlist for future functionality.

Getting the additional metadata for each photo require extra API calls against the Flickr.com service, so it won't be able by default but with a checkbox that allows you to accept a longer download time.